We are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer II to join our industry leading Electrical Engineering team out of our office in Germantown, MD.
Assists in planning, designing and directing engineering projects within the business unit. The assignments contain specific tasks on project teams and these individuals are expected to use their education, intelligence and common sense to resolve the engineering problems and tasks they are assigned.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares design computations and quantity estimates and develops probable construction cost estimates for the smaller, less complex projects within the business unit.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies and designs for project.
- Makes calculations, using engineering formulas and skills for design such as heating and cooling loads, lighting calculations, power distribution calculations and equipment sizing.
- Creates specialized drawings such as plumbing isometrics and risers or electrical riser diagrams.
- Selects equipment based on recommendations of Project Designer/Engineer and fill out equipment schedules.
- Provides drawing for own designs and produces sketches to incorporate in drawings by drafters.
- Researches design options and document findings for Project Designer/Engineer.
- Keeps Project Manager informed of work load and any changes in project scope or additional services. Provides information to Project Manager for incorporation into specifications.
- Researches code issues and ask general questions of code officials.
- Organizes and maintains project files. Maintains a neat and organized work area which allows efficient access to information required by other team members.
- Assures that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards.
- Special projects as assigned.