As the Group Lead, provides leadership of technical discipline and directs the day to day operational activities of their assigned Group staff. Responsible for delivery of target gross margin profits of the department. Manages staffing activities, including recruiting, retention and development of department staff. Actively manages department revenue growth and labor efficiency.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the quality, accuracy, and completeness of overall work as to engineering, compliance with established IPS standards, procedures, codes, and ordinances. Primary responsible individual for quality of unit output related to adherence to stated project goals as well as legal and IPS guidelines and efficiency. (Accountability / Quality / Technical Standards Guidelines)
- Contributes technical input and oversees technical output of department and/or assigned group staff to assure compliance with legal, regulatory, and IPS project requirements. Protects IPS corporate welfare through application of prudent judgment and implementation of risk management techniques while maintaining supervisor (in conjunction with the Director of Architecture) over all Health, Safety, and welfare risks associated with their group staff projects. (Risk Management / Judgment)
- Develops and assures implementation of standards and tools to ensure department output meets or exceeds established quality and performance expectations. (Standards / Quality)
- In conjunction with the Director or Architecture, oversees manpower planning of unit resources and administer technical staff to assure efficient assignment of resources on multiple, concurrent projects. (Resources)
- In conjunction with the Director or Architecture and IPS’s Human Resource personal, recruits, retains and develops staffing plans to meet forecast labor and skills required to meet business plan. Supervises designers and architects and ensures that all employees within the department are properly managed, trained, and are provided career path opportunities. Instills a positive work environment and facilitates effective staff development efforts. (Staffing / Recruit /Retain /Training)
- Communicates staffing levels regularly with all levels of management at IPS. (Communication)
- Prepares proposals for service and supports preparation of proposals by others. Supports business development with presentations and related marketing activities. (Business Development)
- Special projects as assigned.